Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mr. Tomato Head and His Big Boy Bed

Ethan eats tomatoes like candy! Our tomato plants (grape and roma) have a bunch on them, we pick 5-10 per day. He helps himself and chows down whenever we go outside :) I guess it could be worse!

We moved all the furniture around this weekend and bought him a mattress for his big boy bed. It hasn't been the easiest transition, but we are figuring it out. He LOVES the bed itself, to play, read, crash around, whatever . . . he definitely thinks it's neat. But, he's still not to sure about going to sleep in it. The first few days I stayed in there with him until he was asleep, which took FOREVER because he kept trying to play. I was afraid he'd fall out though, even with the bed rail (the bed is high!). The past 2 days I've gotten him settled, then left and let him cry a bit. Yesterday he did great - only took about 5 minutes to go to sleep. Today, it took 20 and now I hear some whining again. We'll see. He hasn't tried to get out of it yet, thank goodness! It's hard for me to get in and out of, so I guess that's a good thing.

Ethan's first night in his big boy bed.


Good morning, sunshine!

Always ready to help Daddy "work!"

I hope to get some things up on the walls in Ethan's room and some organizing done in the nursery, then I'll post a video of the rooms. It's starting to come together!

1 comment:

Edward Charles said...

Ethan looks so much like Jason in that first picture. Glad he likes his veggies!