The latest news with us is that I am FINISHED with residency!! YIPPEE! Someone told me that now I am a "real" doctor, but I have been a "real" doctor for the past 3 years. Now I am ready (hopefully) to be a general pediatrician :) My job situation has changed over the past few weeks. I am going to work with all the wonderful people who trained me at The Center for Pediatric Medicine (the Peds Clinic, for short) and in the Newborn Nursery at Greenville Memorial. The Peds Clinic is a 99% Medicaid clinic, so we see most of the underprivileged kids in the area. The staff are great and so are the kids! We just got a new building too. I will still be working part time (3 days one week and 2 the next, alternating); job-sharing with Jennifer. Next summer I will head over to Parkside Pediatrics to work with three great guys in their awesome practice. I start my new job in about a month, so Ethan and I will be hanging out together, visiting family, and hopefully, swimming until then:)

It is hard to believe that one year ago, I was in labor! Ethan will be one tomorrow! We had a little birthday party this weekend at Grandmommy and Granddaddy Anderson's, with Aunt Cindy, and cousins Nicholas and Ashlyn. Ethan had a rough day on Saturday because he did not sleep well at all Friday night, so the first attempt at cake was not successful. The second attempt on Sunday he sure figured it out! Grandmommy made him a green turtle cake that was so cute! Tonight, Jason and I are going to put together some presents - a RadioFlyer Wagon and a Fisher Price House - so he'll have them for tomorrow. He really loved the balloons the best :)

Well, that'll do it for now. We'll post more birthday pictures soon!


3 comments:
Love the blog! Ethan, we can't believe you are ONE already! You are super cute. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!
Happy bday to Ethan!! Welcome to the blogging world!!! :) dayna
Post a Comment